Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

belated.


What a weak soul. Who hides in the shadow of my sins.
Who makes resolves only to break.
Who knows what mistakes are, but repeats them.
Who sees wrongs, but still joins them.

I wish every step I take, was for Him.
Every thought, for greater good.
I wish I went to school simply to gain His knowledge.
I wish for no other reason this heart beats.

Regrets that last only in the moment.
To be replaced by heedlessness all over again.
Knowing the difference between poison and cure,
Yet always wanting the former,
Scared of the latter.

A head too big to be shouldered.
A mouth too often laughing,
A mind too full of dust and rust.
19 and no contribution to the world.

Happy belated self, clearly, we ain't got a cause of celebration here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK UP.