Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

So much for 3 weeks.

Challenged is how people progress the best. 






I know my challenge is moving internal pebbles which represent laziness, procrastination and despair. 
Though these are nothing compared to the literal boulders that youth in Tunisia, in Egypt moved when they stood shoulder to shoulder, and channeled the power they had to fight for a better tomorrow. 






My pebbles would be crushed underfoot by the Herculean youth in Palestine who run to the battlefront that lies in their backyard for the sake of their lives.


Yet they remain there. My pebbles. 


Which from the looks of it have grown into monoliths due to the holiday season. 


I don't think carrying these "pebbles" into semester 3 is such a good idea. After all, they could just become stumbling blocks or even back breakers that kill me in the days to come.




This realization is a tad bit late, as I can already feel the tentacles of Semester 3, reaching out and pulling me in. My "pebbles" remain glued to me. This cannot be. Why is it so hard?? 


I know I'm heading for doom, going back to college with a checklist with no checks, a heavy heart and a brain filled with fluff. 


It seems like the only thing that can set me going is the fast paced ticking of the clock. 


EE, TOK, IA, WL. 


It seems that if I don't crush my "pebbles", they might just crush me.

1 comments:

Shereen said...

Dear Syakirah,

InsyaAllah you will overcome those pebbles! Have a lot of faith, patience and perseverance.. Start now! :D

ps/ see you soon!

Post a Comment

SPEAK UP.