Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

octoberry

Everybody has experienced those light bulb moments in life.

Like when someone explains a particularly nasty piece of math and everyone gets it except you and after pondering for a while, you suddenly yell "OHHHH!".
Or everyones cracking up to a joke and you stilld don't get it, then the moment it hits you, your on the floor laughing so bad when everyones gotten over the initial funniness.
And the time your hands are aching trying to find the elusive solution to the Rubiks cube then you get it, or trying to solve a riddle for days then the answer hits you or when you're titrating the acid and base and you're swirling so hard waiting for a sign then it turns sharply from colourless to PINK!

Flicking the switch in a dark room. Watching the light illuminate your surroundings.



Only this time, its on a grander scale. Like your entire life was in the period before you got it. I feel that my life was a collection of consecutive pre-light bulb moments. Just wandering. Just looking for what everyone was going on about.

Then I got it. As Abu Bakr, the Aussie convert expresses it, "Like a cold shower in my brain washing away everything, leaving me numb."


At that moment I knew, and faith was at full capacity. Its not that I didn't know why we're on this Earth, its just at that moment, my heart fully awoke to The Purpose.

Behind the shroud of mist and smoke,
That is life,
I look inside and saw,
Beneath the dust of day and night,
Is a purpose beating clear and strong.

I was brought on this Earth to serve the Lord in worship and prayer AND to be leaders and make the most out of it, all in His name.
Its really not enough to chase blind aims and endless goals. When at the end of the day, you don't know what it was for. Is life just going to be a grapple for wealth, titles and respect? Then we reach the horizon (paradox much) and we rest and enjoy the remnants of our used bodies and exhausted minds? Then we expire and thats the end?

I beg to differ.

Back to the arms of Your Creator. Listening to none but the Greatest call. Welcome home soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK UP.