Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

heck-i'm-in-kmb. ah-duhhhhh.

Its been a real hectic few weeks in KMB. (Like when is it NOT hectic again?!) 
Its like I'm unconsciously stretched to new lengths which I didn't know I could reach. 


The bad bit bout this is: One twitch too many and you could snap and suddenly the drama and tears are released.


In my effort to not procrastinate and finish EVERYTHING on time, I came up with a 17 item to do list. 
Plus with the fact that today was especially tight with class ending at 2.30, then having to prioritize between Religious Talk on Apostasy / Nottingham Uni Briefing / English Club Meeting all happening at the same time.  Sweet. 
Then misplacing your handphone due to the "luckiness" of being among the 3 classes who have to float this semester. Realizing its TWO WEEKS to Cambodia and we've got so many loose ends to tie up. And money to seemingly generate from thin air.
Then Karate and Cambodian discussion at the same time.


Can anyone text me Hermione Granger's number? I need to borrow her time turner ASAP. 


I didn't expect that we'd start to grate at each others nerves till tonight when everyone was really down, and the negativity was at an all time high. Post meeting, in which no one laughed at all, Razan, Aizad, Lingesh and myself just sat ourselves down at the KFC, and started to unload (and I had to ignore that looming checklist).


Our convo really put things in persepctive again.


1. We're all pushing limits we never knew we had. And learning how hard it is to say no when a teacher goes like "Could you please do this....."


2. There should be an 11th IB Learner Profile: Sleep deprived multi-tasker


3. We'd gladly trade our monthly $$$ for 30 hours in a day.


4. Though we'd be getting a way more exhilarating/ glittering/ happening life outside this palm oil plantation,  we secretly don't wanna leave. We're like Stockholm Syndrome sufferers, in love with our captors :)


Though Aizad would be the oldest freshman in America, and Lingesh could spend more time living if he was in ICPU and Razan and myself would just be able to just focus on STUDIES in A-Levels, we'd really not want to give this IB Life up. 


Its these @#$#$%$^^@#$#$ moments that'll make us tougher for whatever we might face. 


I don't want this place to be different from MRSM, but I wouldn't forgive it if it was the same cause then it'll just be repeated challenges. 


I mean which other pre-u in which other college would you get the opportunity to go learn about goat rearing, much less milk one.




And God would never burden his slave beyond their capabilities. So I have it in me to handle this. 


Taking the days and weeks bit by bit, as they come. Impossible deadlines for EE & TOK, unexpected tests, more lab reports and IAs will come, ( I mean this is only half of the second semester, wonder how the seniors feel) but I guess I'll just have to see if I really can accept this new life, this KMB, and make it to the other side.


And to those not in the IB world, I know you can't appreciate this moment of realism, but try to picture the relief when you finally learn to accept a trying situation. 
Priceless, no?
I just might love you, KMB.

2 comments:

cann said...

We 'suffered' too and we made it through. The same will go to you all. It's just a phase, just be strong, that's all.

Raha Imani A. said...

proof that kmbians are really a breed on their own. its like 1.30+ am and you get blog comments :P
thanks che farhan :D

Post a Comment

SPEAK UP.