Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

slap slap.

Peace be upon YOU!
 


Its a little scary how time is slipping by. Its so easy to get swept up in the tide of the temporary. Its the soundest sleepers that get the worst jolts when time runs out, no?

Today was a day when I drifted from one class to the next. Laughing. Only after the last "funny" class as we were reading the verses from al-Asr, did I realize how I was in error. 

In the name of Allah, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful,

By time.
Verily man is in loss.
Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, 
and recommend one another to the truth 
and recommend one another to patience.


Proves that when you read something as a daily routine, it could become just another habit. Done subconsciously. Without heart. If I remember God's loving words every time I recite it, this life won't seem like a series of orchestrated events. Starting with the death march on the way to school and culminating with the victory song the moment my head hits the pillow.



Its way easier to feign ignorance, and just continue laughing out loud, going through the long day, whining all the way. I'm like someone with no purpose. Its also easy to leave that nastily hard section in the exam empty. But I guess I know what happens to me after that. It ain't a pretty sight.


The question is: Why am I so fickle and giggly these days???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK UP.