Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

one star lost didn't make the heavens dimmer.


You can't always get what you want. Even if you realised this at 4, when you didn't get the ice cream you thought you deserved after yelling your lungs out or if you realised it at Form 4 when you didn't get that A1 for Add Maths though you wept tears of blood for it.

The most important lessons are the hardest to learn. At 18, it has come home to me that you really can't always get what you want.

Why? Cause if you always got your way, you'd build this illusion that you're oh-so-great. Thats a title only fit for the Lord. Thus he reminds you to be humble by not always giving you your hearts desire.

I'll be content with what he's been so ultimately generous in giving me thus far and set my sights on other things or the ones that are already in my grasp.

I'll quit yapping and go and count my lucky stars now. Alhamdulillah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK UP.