Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

An In Between to Escape This Desperate Scene

I'll try to believe you when you tell me the world is at my feet,

Right now all I see is this big looming NOTHING in front of me.

All is meant to be, will be.

I know its true but to believe in it fully is uphill work.

This may sound very juvenile but this is what I've wanted since I was a tot.

I'm not good at taking opportunities, all I view this extra time as is me being counter-productive.

Petrified that Mum and Daddy will have to pay for my education yet again.

Mortal fear of being a burden on my parents.

Anxious to start my future.

My teenage fantasy is not a hot stud, leaning down and gazing into my eyes and whispering in his husky voice, confessing words undying love.

I fantasize waking up to a delivery from the mail man, with the words, TAHNIAH PERMOHONAN ANDA DITERIMA, plastered on it. A letter with a pledge to award me with 1.5 million to go be a doctor in the Old Country. A symbol that an organization out there has faith in me.

Say what you want, but I can't just twiddle my thumbs in silence.

I've toiled. Its only right that I reap what I sowed?

I gaze around at all your triumphant faces. All my blessed friends, I am happy that your paths seem illuminated, proud of you guys for making such feats. TNB, PNB, Khazanah, UEM, BNM, Yayasan, JPA, Sime Darby are all yours for the taking. I pray everyday that one day I can smile alongside you guys too. A part of the elite.

Patience is a virtue. I guess this is just another lesson I have to learn.



Its really just losing to you that I hate.
We were on par. I'd like to keep it that way.








1 comments:

Anonymous said...

girly girl,

Nothing here in the 'old country' that you cannot find in Msia. And, success does not lie in simply a scholarship. Success is God-given.
As well, the 'elite' is just a group of people paying lip service to something they dont even understand.

Hence, dont fret, dont frown.
Love, your imaginary sister

Post a Comment

SPEAK UP.