Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

the am i am missing you post.

After living 25/8 with you guys, it isn't easy to part ways and move on.

One random day in our lives...

6.00 am.
Everyone's alarm clock rings. NO ONE bothers to get up. Or we're all awake but no one makes the first move. I lift my head to check out if N's gone to the shower yet or M has started ironing. No one's moved. Covers head with blankie, 5 more minutes!

6.05 am.
N gets to the shower. Immediately everyone yells,
"NAK AFTER! N copkan shower"
I dash outta bed and zoom to the ironing board. And everyone yells,
"Syak, NAK AFTER".
I nudge R, and most of the time she either says, "Mandi after you," or "5 more minutes...."
In our room, 5 minutes means 15. F wakes up quickly but for H, its not even her time zone yet. We usually wake her up half an hour later. Or more.

Good morning Pengkalan Chepa!
7.10 am.
I look at M and she looks at me. And we'll start plotting who'll be sick and who'll accompany the other. Usually N will give us dark looks and we'll forget the idea. But sometimes, she too succumbs to the ever pervading unwillingness to go to school.

Hari-hari lalu tempat sama.... *sighs*


8.44am
End of the first 2 periods. If you want to skip school, theirs only one way. Pergi klinik! This is the time you escape. M and I exchange looks, and we look at the time. Then we look at everyone else studying. Fine, we'll be good kids, for today.

When we DO decide that school is just too much. Inilah klinik.

M, N and I even volunteer to be nurses.

10.08 am
RECESS. SD, U, M, H, N, R and I would do our usual tour.
1st stop: Cafe Blok Akademik; Beli 10 keropok lekor, its Kelantan so it only costs RM 1!!
2nd stop: DS! If today has kuih sedap we'd wait till everyone's gone and take seconds :)
3rd stop: Koop; To stock up on candy to keep awake in class. And U, SD and M will buy really weird candy and toys, because thats just who they are!

11.47 am
I hate this time of day. Class seems to never end. Aduhai.... Must stay focused! U and H are usually asleep, okay sometimes they're not, N, M and R are usually playing weird games. SD is massaging my hands! Hazim is trying to keep Amier awake. Mejar is paying full attention. Nuzul and Juki are taking notes. Sek gewe at the back are minding their own business, And I'll usually be gazing out the window. While flipping songs on the mp4.

The view from 5 Jahiz; the most isolated class of all.

1.01 pm
The last 2 periods. Theres a collective sigh of relief from everyone. Especially if we get to go to the Bio Lab! Although Hazim loves lying and always insists that we have to go to the Bio Lab. Its times like this when you know everyones thinking, "Hari ni DS makan ayam ke tak?"

Menenggek menunggu Cg Azila... Patutnya buat Bioscore kot?

2.15 pm
I'M FREEEEEE. We just run out of class and head to 2 places essential for survival, the DS for food and the dorm for sleep. You never seem to get enough of the two.

Ya Allah, berikanlah kami 10A+ amin....

3.05 pm
I don't want to go to prep.

3.08 pm
This bed is too comfy. Just a little bit more...

3.10 pm
FINE. Prep. Sheesh.

4.15 pm
I've just woken up from my prep. Which constitutes of 30 minutes of homework and 30 minutes of sleep. Yes, I'm very balanced.

5.00pm
We return to C5. Yes, this is when we actually study. Fret not, we too care about maintaining our grades.

6.00pm
"Jom pergi jalan-jalan N?" And we'll meet up with K from C4 and all sorts of crazy things happen. We'd cook, play volleyball? cut hair, play with the skipping rope, or just congregate on N and M's beds to gossip!
Evening haunt; Taman Ulat.

We're actually thinking of isi for our karangan...

We planned to escape on a tractor...


6.30pm
The "After Syndrome". No one wants to shower first. Everyone just wants to go after each other.

7.30pm


8.00pm
Prep Malam. Which in 5 J's definition means, U will be running around playing Ultraman with N. M and SD will keep real quiet and study. I'd usually go sit next to Azri and N will join me after she's done playing. Hazim will tell jokes and we'd laugh. Seha would come to our class cuz really during prep, theres no other class like ours. Kia would pop by and the camwhoring would commence. Somehow we do manage to squeeze in some studying somewhere...

Add maths turns people cross eyed?

Suami, isteri, bibik?

Friends lift you up no matter what.
11.00pm
Laugh.
Roll on N's bed.
Borak.
Feel guilty for not studying.
Start asking "Hari ni homework ape?"


12.30am
Bed time. Since R and I have the bed with the most mosquitoes, I'd go and crawl into M and N's beds and no matter what happens, this time of day brings the most satisfaction! ZZZZ.

Happy feet.

The routine is subject to change. There was of course DEBATE PRACTICE, going round for MINGGU BAHASA, scratching prep for HARI JABATAN, the fights, getting bitten by centipedes, the H1N1 quarantine, the exams, next thing you know, we GRADUATED!


SPM came, we cried, we memorised, we calculated. But we never thought it would end. But it did. Then we were burying our time capsules. Then we were saying goodbye.


Then I drove away and looked my last at my high school. Musn't lie, I was relieved to be out. But it takes a while for you to realize that you never really want to leave. I may have drove off, but I think I e left a part of myself behind.

We age. We grow up. We go our own way. But our hearts will go on.
Arigato mina! Don't forget us.

Once upon a time, we were here.
MRSM PC BATCH 08/09



Names have been cut short to protect privacy.
No offence intended to anyone.
Written purely to humour myself and the gang.


2 comments:

Naily Zamri said...

wahhh...apa ni..ak x grad ker [x d dlm gmba pun]...waaaa...nk balik pc..a place where i discovered my true self..a place for us to do all the craziest activities..a place that i shall call home forever..

Anonymous said...

miss k here:)
-wish i was there with u guys:)

Post a Comment

SPEAK UP.