Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Escapade!

Hee, seeing as my sedentary lifestyle must soon end, decided to pack my bags and do a little tour of my life to come, Insyallah by,

ILLEGALLY SQUATTING IN IIUM KUANTAN

Was a real treat, being my sisters roommate.

A retreat to her humble abode was much needed, though all she had to offer me was a cold floor, non-stop internet access, unlimited supply of IKO biscuits and licence to loan anything in her closet... it was totally awesome.

Day 1- Ward rounds at Hospital Tuanku Ampuan Afzan, impersonated a 3rd year medical student. Observed clinical procedures, how to clark patients, the teaching approach in clinical years, the O & G ward ( in which I was saw first hand how much blood comes out during labour!), the surgical ward and basically a day in the life of a medical student. Quite a different perspective from G's cuz she's a real doctor so she deals with patients on MO level. And I ate so much I'm sure it was pig like :) Went swimming to counter this!

Day 2- Slept in, as usual. Went touring Kuantan. Finished 'One Fifth Avenue' and learnt how medical students relax. Ate dinner by Teluk Chempedak beach, would have been killer romantic with the waves, and the beach, and the breeze and the fact that hardly anyone was there. Still dig the fact that darling chister was there with me!

Day 3- Jogged 3.5 km by the beach. Roamed once more along TC's rocks. Stellar sunset. Satay Zul for dinner was so amazing, its even worth blogging about.

Day 4- More sleeping. And fusion cooking. I love this town.

Thank you for not letting me live like a sloth, for being my salvation from domestic slavery and for providing my entertainment!



I love you, Nadnad. You prickly marathon-junkie chirp.


Sorry for ignoring all phone calls, texts, or the works.
My phone and I broke up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK UP.